Friday, August 24, 2012

A weight off my mind

The ponies were weighed on Wednesday.  Buttons is 163Kg and Honey is 161Kg.  Both perfect and condition scored at a 3.  They both walked straight onto the weigh bridge and seemed to enjoy the whole thing, although that pair enjoy anything really.  It was a feed rep from Dengie who came up.  We got £5.00 vouchers off bags of Hi Fi lite, which was good as I already use it.  It's really good to know their exact weights as we weighed them with the feed reps weigh tape and my own weigh tape and both gave different weights.  The endless soaking haynets, weighing hay etc has all been worth it.  I have another surprise in store for Buttons, but I will write about that another time.

Buttons is back to untieing things, his choice at the moment is haynets.  Tonight I went into their stable to find the pair of them in the small part of the stable with both haynets on the ground and they were busy emptying the hay out the top of them.  Honeys net had been tied up at the far side of the big part of the stable, so I can only guess that he's untied her net and dragged it into his part of the stable.  The door inside the stable is always tied open so they can choose where they want to go.  Buttons seems to like being in the smaller part of the stable but he comes out to go to the toilet in Honey's part of the stable and then goes back to his nice clean room!  He never fails to make me laugh.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment